Before Your First Visit
Welcome to Janet Adams Counseling. The information provided below identifies patient's rights and responsibilities:
- A therapy session will last for forty-five minutes.
- Confidentiality is strictly maintained unless there is a risk to self or others as judged by the therapist.
- If you have a crisis which needs immediate assistance and you cannot reach me, please go to your local emergency department.
- Cancellation notice is required twenty-four hours prior to a scheduled session to avoid charges for missed appointments.
- In the case of a referral to another facility or provider, information will only be released with your written consent.
- Insurance claims will be handled by the patient. A bill will be provided at each session that can be used to obtain reimbursement.
- I provide a copy of your specific rights as a patient and health care recipient.